1. The hair transplant surgeon builds a natural-looking hairline to disguise bald spots.
2. While the patient is fully conscious, local anaesthetic is used to numb the donor and recipient sites, or light sedation is used to alleviate any discomfort.
- The hair around the extraction site is cut to about two centimeters.
3. Grafts are harvested individually from the donor area using a micro-motor and micro-punches with diameters ranging from 0,7 (1 root) to 0,8 (2 roots) to 1,0 mm (3+ roots).
4.The surgeon produces holes in the same angle and direction as the patient's hair to place the fair follicle tissues inside the slit technique, where micro-channels are made to implant the removed grafts.
5. Grafts are implanted at 40-50 degress into the patient's scalp.
The FUE hair transplant is the gold standard of hair transplantation because it is the least intrusive way of grafting hair grafts (having the least impact on the tissues by precisely matching micro-blade sizes to the diameter of the hairy tissue).
Different clinics throughout the world extract and implant hair follicles by implementation of the FUE method. As a result, depending on the tool used to transplant hair, FUE may be referred to by a variety of names:
- The purest type of FUE (via micro motors)
- FUE Robotic ARTAS
- FUE Sapphire